Administrative Assistant/Main Phone
This part-time position (24 hours) is responsible for the professional and efficient management of the main telephone line and front desk reception area as well as a variety of clerical duties that support the operation of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
• Answers the main telephone line and manages calls via phone system in a professional, courteous and welcoming manner.
• Greets and assists clients, volunteers, staff, and visitors to GoochlandCares.
• Provides information to callers about programs and administration of GoochlandCares. Is responsible for familiarizing oneself with the programs and administration of GoochlandCares through the website, staff and volunteer interviews, program orientations, manuals and other resources.
• Schedules clients as needed and directed (e.g. transportation appointments).
• Trains and supervises front desk/main phone volunteers.
• Engages all volunteers in a professional, courteous, and welcoming manner.
• Enters and retrieves information from a variety of sources into databases (e.g. ECW, eTap, Outlook).
• Reports to work regularly and on time.
• Keeps confidentiality in discussing clients, fellow staff members, volunteers, and matters pertaining to GoochlandCares.
• Maintains a safe work space consistent with safety policies and procedures
• High school diploma or six to twelve months related experience.
• Experience working with low-income families in a non-profit setting is preferred.
• Customer service experience; ability to provide professional and courteous service
• Strong computer skills.
• Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
• Commitment to the mission and values of GoochlandCares
• Understanding that all employees are responsible for volunteer engagement as evidenced by demonstration of effective skills in working with volunteers
• General office experience
• Excellent communication abilities
• Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs
• Ability to read, comprehend, and follow instructions
• Operate basic office equipment
• Attention to detail
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. GoochlandCares is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, political or religious beliefs.
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to dreale@GoochlandCares.org by Monday, October 19, 2020.