GoochlandCares Clothes Closet has a new position and is looking for a part-time, energetic, competent, caring, and mission driven person to work 10 – 12 hours a week including 1 – 2 Saturday mornings a month.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide excellent customer service to both clients and retail customers in a fast-paced environment
- Operate a Point of Sale system (POS) which is computer based and requires attention to detail
- Use Microsoft Office to execute assigned tasks
- Accept, sort, and stock donations as directed
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Commitment to the mission of GoochlandCares
- Retail experience and POS experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills displaying a caring, tactful, diplomatic, and respectful attitude towards clients, shoppers, volunteers, and staff
- VA driver’s license and good driving record
- Availability to work 2 or 3 shifts per week/total of 12 hours
- Understanding that all employees are responsible for volunteer engagement
- Ability to demonstrate effective skills in working with volunteers
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to physically perform essential job functions including heavy lifting up to 40 pounds and standing for long periods
- Ability to work in a high energy environment
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Products) and ability to learn additional computer skills
- Please email cover letter and resume to Charlotte Bennett, Clothes Closet Manager, at cbennett@GoochlandCares.org.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.